Having dedicated volunteers is a vital part to the success of the shelter. Various services are needed to support the daily living needs of the women and children of our families.
Women only. All direct service volunteers will be trained prior to coming in contact with client. Spanish speaking welcome.
- Legal Services that can provide pro bono or reduced fee family law support
- Recreational activities for adults or children (especially in the summer)
- Tutoring children with schoolwork
- Supporting moms in learning English
- Job skills training
- Computer training
- Field Trip Organizers and Chaperones for families
No training or Spanish required.
- One time help in moving boxes and small furniture to family’s permanent residence
- Event planning and coordination for upcoming fundraisers
- Digital graphic design support for online and print communications
- Public relations with local media
- Jewelry Salesperson for Esperanza Project (selling jewelry and art made by moms and children)
- Handyman Support
- Shelter maintenance
For information about volunteer opportunities for any of our services, contact Aida Segura at 224-430-4977.