Having dedicated volunteers is a vital part to the success of the shelter. Various services are needed to support the daily living needs of the women and children of our families.
Direct Services: Women only. All direct service volunteers will be trained prior to coming in contact with client. Spanish speaking welcome.
- Legal Services that can provide pro bono or reduced fee family law support
- Recreational activities for adults or children (especially in the summer)
- Tutoring children with schoolwork
- Supporting moms in learning English
- Job skills training
- Computer training
- Field Trip Organizers and Chaperones for families
Indirect Services: No training or Spanish required.
- One time help in moving boxes and small furniture to family’s permanent residence
- Event planning and coordination for upcoming fundraisers
- Digital graphic design support for online and print communications
- Public relations with local media
- Handyman Support
- Shelter maintenance
- Jewelry Salesperson for Esperanza project (selling jewelry and art made by moms and children)
For information about volunteer opportunities for any of our services, contact Aida Segura at 224-430-4977.